Before you even get started make sure you meet the minimum requirements:
- You must be over 14 years old.
- If you are under 18 you must have a letter of consent signed by your parent or legal guardian.
- Proof of Identity – a driver’s license is required on the day. For legal ID requirements check the DPI website.
- No Driver’s License? – you must bring an eyesight form, more info found at the DPI website.
Who Needs a Ticket
The Recreational Skippers Ticket (RST) is a certificate of competency not a license.
- A person of 14 years of age and older is required to hold a Recreational Skipper’s Ticket (RST).
- A vessel with a motor 4.5 kwp (6 hp) or more is classed as an RST vessel.
- To operate an RST vessel a Recreational Skipper’s Ticket is required.
- A person aged between 14 and 16 cannot exceed 8 knots and can only operate during daylight hours.
How to Get a Skippers Ticket
To get your RST you need to do the following:
- Study the free work book
- Book a course
- Theory training and assessment
- Practical training and assessment.
Requirements on the Day
Please make sure you bring the following things on the day of your test.
- Proof of Identity
- Money! 🙂