Digger’s Boat School has courses to accommodate all levels from beginner enthusiasts to old sea dogs that need a refresher or proper licenses. We also cater to single or group bookings.
Book a course at any of these locations; Matilda Bay, Claremont, Mosman Park, Bicton and East Fremantle.
We provide a safe training vessel for all the courses.
Winter Special $300 for 2 People
Theory & Practical Course $199pp
- This is the most popular course for the average boater
- You will need to study the work book before coming on the day
- We will spend the first part of the session going through the Rules and Regulations, Collision and Avoidance, Navigation Lights, IALA Buoyage, Maintenance, Safety Equipment, Safe Operations and Emergencies and I will answer any questions you may have
- You will have 1 hour to complete a 40 multiple choice paper, a score of 34 out of 40 (85%) is required to pass. If you answer between 30 and 33 questions correctly you may attempt a different set of questions on the same day. If you answer less than 30 you will need to sit the assessment on another day. A maximum of two attempts are allowed in one day
- Once you’ve passed the theory we will launch the boat and go through the practical training of 11 tasks which we will cover:
- Operating the vessel within the marine safety rules and regulations
- Checking the condition of a vessel’s berthing and mooring equipment and securing the vessel
- Conducting a safety briefing for all on board
- Preparing and starting the motor safely
- Logging a voyage plan
- Safely departing a berth
- Safely retrieving a simulated man overboard
- Determining your position by using navigational marks, transits and other landmarks
- Performing a controlled stop
- Returning to a berth and securing the vessel
- Logging off from your voyage
- You will get as much training as you need prior to sitting the assessment. The assessment will take approximately 30 minutes. you will need a score of at least 56 out of the 62 criteria to be deemed competent
Group Bookings $180p for 2-3 people | $160pp for 4 people or more
- For larger group bookings, contact for a price.
Full Day Course $320pp
- This course covers in detail the theory and practical skills ideal for people with no previous boating experience
- This is a one on one course
- First half of the day includes theory training and assessment
- Second half of the day includes practical training and assessment.
Theory & Practical Assessment only $120
- This course if for those who wish to do the assessment only no training included.
License Transfer $45
- We do license transfers for interstate and overseas qualifications
- To see if you qualify check the Department of Transport website.
Price Match NEW
- We will match any skippers course available in WA!
- Call us today with your quote and we will match or beat the quote, call 0401 750 422 today.
VHF Radio Exams NEW
- Long Range Operator Certificate of Proficiency (LROCP)
- Short Range Operator Certificate of Proficiency (SROCP)
- $83 to pay AMC Tazmania. All radio exams come from and are marked by AMC Tasmania.
- $75 for the Invigilator.