Digger’s Boat School has courses to accommodate all levels from beginner enthusiasts to old sea dogs that need a refresher or proper licenses. We also cater to single or group bookings.
For the summer 2017 season Diggers Boat School will start training and assessing skippers tickets in Mandurah and Dawesville. For group bookings we will continue servicing these locations; Claremont, Mosman Park, Bicton and East Fremantle.
We provide a safe training vessel for all the courses.
Theory & Practical Course $200pp
- This is the most popular course for the average boater with some experience
- You will need to study the work book before coming on the day
- You will have 1 hour to complete a 40 multiple choice paper, a score of 34 out of 40 (85%) is required to pass. If you answer between 30 and 33 questions correctly you may attempt a different set of questions on the same day. If you answer less than 30 you will need to sit the assessment on another day. A maximum of two attempts are allowed in one day
- Once you’ve passed the theory we will launch the boat and go through the practical training of 11 tasks which we will cover:
- Operating the vessel within the marine safety rules and regulations
- Checking the condition of a vessel’s berthing and mooring equipment and securing the vessel
- Conducting a safety briefing for all on board
- Preparing and starting the motor safely
- Logging a voyage plan
- Safely departing a berth
- Safely retrieving a simulated man overboard
- Determining your position by using navigational marks, transits and other landmarks
- Performing a controlled stop
- Returning to a berth and securing the vessel
- Logging off from your voyage
- The assessment will take approximately 30 minutes.
For larger group bookings, contact for a price.
Full Course $320pp
- This course is for those with no previous boating experience.
- As much training as you need to pass.
- We will cover in detail the theory and practical skills required to pass
- We will spend the first part of the session going through the Rules and Regulations, Collision and Avoidance, Navigation Lights, IALA Buoyage, Maintenance, Safety Equipment, Safe Operations and Emergencies and I will answer any questions you may have.
- Second half of the course you will get as much practical training as you need prior to sitting the assessment.
Theory & Practical Assessment only $125
- This course if for those who wish to do the assessment only no training included.
License Transfer $50
- We do license transfers for interstate and overseas qualifications
- To see if you qualify check the Department of Transport website.
- We will match any skippers course available in WA!
- Call us today with your quote and we will match or beat the quote, call 0438294953 today.
VHF Radio Exams $164
- Long Range Operator Certificate of Proficiency (LROCP)
- Short Range Operator Certificate of Proficiency (SROCP)
- $89 to pay AMC Tazmania. All radio exams come from and are marked by AMC Tasmania.
- $75 for the Invigilator.